Opening an account
Before you use any of the online services available via this website, you need to open an online account with us.
Your account will continue to stay open unless it is cancelled in accordance with section 8 below.
Profile name and image
When you open an account you must choose a profile name (which may or may not be your real name) and you may choose a profile image. Please think carefully when choosing your profile name because once submitted you will not be able to change it. You must ensure that your profile name and profile image comply with the Content submission rules set out in section 4.3 below. Without limitation, you must ensure that your profile name and image does not include:
- any trade marks or copyright works which you do not own or have a licence to use;
- anything which may confuse or deceive other users of this site (for example, you cannot misrepresent that you work for, or speak on behalf of, a car manufacturer); or
- any explicit words or pornographic images.
No account fees or charges
Security of your account
Only you may use your account. You must keep your account details secret and secure. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs in relation to your account. You must notify us immediately if you become aware of or suspect any breach of security or unauthorised use of your account.
Content on this website
Use of Content
You must not use, copy, reproduce, communicate, publish, adapt, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, licence or exploit any Content for any purpose other than is strictly necessary for you to use the online services available via this website, unless you are, or have authority from, the Content owner.
You may submit Content in accordance with the features and functionality forming part of the online services available via this website, subject to each of the following requirements:
- you must either own, or have a licence to use, all intellectual property rights in the Content that you submit to this website;
- if you only have a licence to use the Content that you submit to this website, that licence must permit you to submit that Content to this website and to grant us a Licence to that Content in accordance with section 4.5 below;
- the Content that you submit must not:
- infringe any intellectual property rights of us or any third party;
- be misleading or deceptive, unlawful, libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, harassing, discriminatory, threatening, abusive, inflammatory or otherwise objectionable (in our sole discretion); or
- contain any viruses, time bombs, cancelbots, Trojan horses, worms or other computer programming routines or engines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or information.
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage you suffer as a result of us removing Content from this website.
If you want us to remove any Content that was submitted by you, please notify us and we will make reasonable efforts to remove it.
Intellectual property rights
The intellectual property rights (including copyright and trade mark rights) in Content is owned by or licensed to us.
We do not claim ownership in any of the Content that you submit.
At the time that you submit Content you grant us a permanent royalty-free non-exclusive worldwide licence to use, copy, reproduce, communicate, publish, adapt, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, licence or exploit that Content (or any part of it) for any purposes related to this website (including advertising and promoting this website) (Licence).
You warrant that:
- all Content that you submit to this website:
- complies with the submission requirements specified in section 4.6; and
- can be lawfully published by us on this website; and
- you have the right to grant us the Licence granted under section 4.5 in respect of each item of Content which you submit to this website.
Information on this website
Accuracy and currency of information
All information on this website (including information you obtain using the online services available via this website) is subject to change without notice and is provided on an “as is” basis. We make no guarantees that information on this website is correct, accurate or current, and you rely on such information at your own risk.
Advertisements and links to third party websites
This website may contain advertisements placed by third party entities. The placement of such advertisements on this website does not imply or constitute our recommendation or endorsement of any advertised product or service, and all responsibility for the content of any such advertisements, and any representations or warranties made in such advertisements, rests solely with the third party advertiser.
This website may also contain links to other websites which are not maintained or controlled by us or our related companies. These links are provided solely for your convenience, and we do not endorse or accept any responsibility for, the content or use of any third party website linked to from this website.
Relationship with us
You acknowledge and agree that this website is merely a portal site or passive conduit for allowing its users to interact with each other and that we do not endorse or independently verify any Content or information submitted to this website by other users.
You acknowledge and agree that any relationship between you and any other user of this website is strictly between those parties and we are not involved in any way with such relationships.
General restrictions on use
You must not use this website to do or attempt any of the following:
- use the online services available via this website other than for personal, domestic or private use;
- on-supply or resell the online services available via this website;
- interfere with other users’ use of this website;
- harass, threaten, defame, stalk, abuse or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy) of others;
- cause harm (whether financial or not) to us, our affiliates or other users of this website;
- attempt to obtain unauthorised access to this website or portions of this website that are restricted from general access or which you do not have access to;
- disrupt or interfere with the security of this website or any parts of it, or damage, disable, overburden or impair this website or any networks connected to or accessible through this website;
- access this website using any automated process or service (such as a bot or spider) without our permission;
- transmit through or on this website spam, chain letters, junk mail or any other type of unsolicited mass email to people or entities who have not agreed to be part of such mailings;
- remove or delete any legal or proprietary notices or author attributions contained on this website;
- engage in, facilitate or further any unlawful conduct; or
- solicit other users of this website for commercial purposes.
Cancellation of your account
You may cancel your account at any time and for any reason by notifying us (using our contact details in section 14 below). We will use reasonable endeavours to affect such cancellation within 3 business days of being provided with notice of such cancellation.
Effect of your account being cancelled
Cancellation of your account will automatically and immediately result in termination of the agreement between us and you regarding your use of this website. However, sections 4.2, 4.4, 4.5, 4.6, 5, 6, 7, 8.3, 8.4, 9 and 13 survive such termination.
Content after cancellation
You are solely responsible for backing up the Content you submit to this website or store in the course of using this website.
Following cancellation of your account for any reason:
we may at our discretion permanently delete from our servers any Content submitted by you; and
we have no obligation to remove from this website or return to you any Content submitted by you.
No warranties, our liability and your indemnities
No warranty and our liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law:
- this website and all Content is provided by us “as is” without representation, warranty or condition of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to implied representations, warranties or conditions of merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose, and without limitation we do not represent or warrant that this website or any Content will meet your requirements, be free from viruses or other harmful content or components, that its use will be uninterrupted or error free, or that data loss will not occur; and
You indemnify us and our officers, employees, agents and contractors against any liability, loss (including consequential loss), damage or claim that we suffer or incur in relation to:
any unlawful, illegal, negligent or tortious act or omission by you in relation to your use of this website.
We collect your personal information during the registration process so that we may create an online account for you to allow you to use the online services. Except as we deem necessary to operate this website or as otherwise permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we will not provide any of your (identifiable) personal information to a third party. You acknowledge that the servers on which we store your personal information may be operated by a third party and may be located outside of Australia.
Users outside Australia
We make no representations or warranties that this website, the online services available via this website or any Content complies with the laws of any country that is not Australia. If you access this website outside Australia, you do so at your own risk.
- words importing the singular include the plural and vice versa;
- references to the words include and including must not be interpreted as being limiting;
- references to legislation include any amendment to it, any legislation substituted for it, and any subordinate legislation made under it; and
Our employees and agents
Where there is a dispute between you and us, you agree to resolve that dispute promptly and in good faith. If we are not able to promptly resolve the dispute, then either party may submit the dispute for non-binding impartial mediation before a mediator located in Melbourne, Australia. If the dispute is not resolved by mediation, either party may pursue any remedy available to it under the laws of Victoria, Australia.
Governing law and jurisdiction
Last revised 20 June 2015.